How to Get Here
Culebra would not be the hidden paradise it is if it wasn't a little tricky getting here. With help from us here at Mamacitas, we will help get you here without a hitch in your vacation plans. It will make it easier if we break down travelers depending on their travel plans. Based on our experience and that of our guests, we hope our recommendations will ensure you get the most out of your Culebra experience.
Travelers arriving to SJU (San Juan International) intending to stay the duration of their trip in Culebra:
- We recommend connecting flights at SJU through one of the local airlines to Culebra airport (CPX). They have booths right at the airport and you check in after retrieving your luggage. This is hassle free travel to Culebra. Prices vary depending on the airline but normally average a little over $100 round trip. Most people do not realize that a taxi to Fajardo will cost about the same, if not more, and not to mention the flight from SJU to Culebra is no more than 30 minutes. Below are contact numbers for the local airlines and they can help you with getting to Culebra quick and easy.
- Travelers with connecting flights through SJU sister airport at Isla Grande can take a Taxi between airports and connect through to Culebra. Not all Culebra airlines offer direct flights from SJU, so you'll have to taxi over to Isla Grande, located 10 minutes away to reach your flight. Taxis usually charge between $10 and $15 fare and the flight from Isla Grande to Culebra is about 30 minutes. This is one of the more convenient ways to arrive to Culebra.
- Travelers arriving at SJU can also fly to Josè Aponte de la Torre Airport (RVR) in Ceiba, which is the closest airport on mainland Puerto Rico to Culebra. From RVR, you can take a 10 minute taxi to the Ferry Terminal in Fajardo which will cost between $10 and $15. The flight from San Juan to Cieba is around 20 minutes.
- Taxi Service is available from the international airport which can take you to the ferry terminal in Fajardo where you can take the passenger ferry. Rates vary and can range from $40 to $80. Once in Fajardo, which is about a 45 minute drive from the airport, coordinate ferry times to ensure you arrive in time for the last ferry to Culebra; which leaves at 7 p.m. The ferry costs $2.25 each way and has 2 to 3 trips daily. Ideally, you should leave the airport no later than 4:30 p.m. in order to make the ferry to Culebra.
- Renting a car at the aiport and then driving to Fajardo and the ferry terminal. Although this option is feasible, it requires a good amount of planning. You can leave your rental car in one of the secure parking lots at the ferry terminal in Fajardo which charge $5 per day. The ferry rates are $2.25 per person each way. If you plan to try and take your vehicle on the cargo ferry, this will take a good deal of planning due to the limited space on cargo Ferries. We recommend calling ahead to the ferry terminal service and getting a roundtrip reservation with a confirmation number. They can be reached by calling (787) 863-0705.
In Culebra, a fleet of publicos (public vans and buses) meet each Lancha to provide transportation to all quest houses and beaches. Rates start at $2.00/person.
- Taxi: 787-742-3537 (Willy's taxi)
- Car Rentals: 787-742-3514 (Carlo's Jeep)
- Boat Rentals: 787-742-0356 (Jay Jay at Club Nautical)
- Water Taxi: 646 924-8362 (Luis Padron Water Taxi)
If you have a question go to the contact page or email us your questions at: email@example.com
|Reservations and Transportation||San Juan International Airport||Isla Grande Airport||Ceiba Airport||Culebra Airport|
|Isla Nena Air Service 741-1577||791-0413||-||863-3030||742-0972|
|Vieques Air Link 1-888-901-9247||-||741-8331||863-3020||742-0254|